- Materials: Garnet, 9k gold marked, old cut diamonds. Chain is 9k marked, pendant tests as more than 9k.
- Sizes: Necklace, 15", pendant 1 1/8" by 1/2" including bail. Diamonds weigh circa 0.50 carats, the central one is approx. 0.30/0.35 cts.
- Weight: 9.2 grams. Pendant weighs 7.1 grams.
- Conditions: Excellent, one minimal wear on the garnet, not visible by naked eye.
- Date and origin: Circa 1880, England, chain is probably later.
This is a wonderful Victorian pendant, a cabochon cut garnet mounted with old cut diamonds. The garnet has a stunning red color and is very transparent, when the light runs through it lot of red sparkles can be seen. Very gorgeous, in the pure Victorian style. The gold chain is thin and elegant. A true Victorian jewel in perfect condition, to not to be missed.