- Material: Cameo: Hard stone, 9K gold marked, diamond of circa 0.15 carats.
- Necklace: Cultured Pearls, Onyx.
- Cameo Size: 1 5/8" by 1 2/8".
- Necklace sizes: Pearls 7 mm, onyx beads 10mm. First strand 15 3/4", second strand 16 1/8", third strand 17".
- Date and Origin: Circa 1880 Italy, mounting is English, necklace has been probably added later.
- Conditions: Mint, the tiniest spots that you can see on her breast are only a bit of dirt.
Museum Quality cameo depicting a Victorian lady. The carving is more than superb. She wears Victorian clothes and a lovely hat embellished with a diamond. Roses, daisies and leaves in her hair, wonderfully carved. The cameo is deeply carved, look at the beauty of the facial features, she seems alive. All the carving in this cameo is an artwork due to the skill of the carver. Her face is totally beautiful and has just the grace of a real Lady as she is. The frame is surrounded by pearls to recall the splendour of the pearls and onyx necklace. Cameo works as a clasp for the necklace. This is with no doubt one of most beautiful cameo necklace I have ever handled, the pictures speak by themselves. This is another masterly carved cameo. A very desirable collectors piece, rare and museum quality cameo.